Skilled Nursing Facility and Assisted Living Community west of Des Moines, Iowa (IA) seeks encouraging Director of Nursing (DON, DNS) to join their team.
This provider is financially stable and has a solid reputation for providing top quality care. They look forward to welcoming a top tier Registered Nurse in Iowa (RN in IA) to guide the team onward toward continued success.
If you have current stable tenure in clinical leadership within a skilled nursing environment (DON or ADON with great tenure), and your survey track record is strong, then this position may be the opportunity for you to join a people-first organization that proves its commitment to you by providing you with support, education, and a generous compensation & benefit package.
Typical DON job responsibilities:
Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising a nursing unit. This position is ultimately responsible, and accountable, for the nursing care received by residents. They often report to the Nursing Home Administrator/Executive Director. Specifically, Director of Nursing job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Good base pay
- Health/ dental/ vision options for insurance
- Retirement savings plan (401K) with company match after year one
- A real sense of camaraderie, with a good support system and welcoming team
- Delightful residents who will appreciate all you bring to them
Ideal candidates will bring:
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse license in Iowa (RN in IA)
- Stable tenure in previous Skilled Nursing Facility clinical leadership role(s)
- Strong track record of previous success in State Survey
- Open communication style with ability to adapt in a variety of inter-personal interactions/ settings
- Ability to lead by serving your team & providing them the support, education and encouragement to ensure their success
- Take-charge mindset; faced with ambiguity, you should be capable of applying strong deductive reasoning in pursuit of answers
- Commitment to providing seniors with excellent care every day
Have we described your ideal setting? Is this your dream job in a nutshell? Well of course it is!
DON'T HESITATE TO EMAIL YOUR RESUME FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION TODAY!
If you have further questions, please feel free to call Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, at (480) 991-0218 x303.
RN, Registered Nurse, DON, Director of Nursing, SNF, Skilled Nursing
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.