Infection Prevention and Control:
Arguably, one of the most important systems and processes that your facility will put into place, is your Infection Prevention and Control Program (IPCP). From keeping residents healthy and safe, to avoiding survey deficiencies, your IPCP ensures that everyone follows the correct standards of care in potentially critical situations. LeaderStat’s Consulting team offers years of experience and knowledge in Infection Prevention and Control and understands the unique ways in which each system will impact your facility.
Policies and Procedures:
Infection prevention and control is a large part of your survey readiness, as well as essential to maintaining and improving the well-being of your residents. Our team will work with you to establish long-standing policies and procedures by:
- Evaluating your facility and community risk
- Establishing surveillance systems
- Developing systems for preventing, identifying, reporting, investigating, and controlling infections and communicable diseases.
- Implementing and determining processes for using standard precautions, and transmission-based precautions
- Establishing effective environmental cleaning and disinfecting
- Implementing systems for early detection and management of infectious disease before spread
- Forming processes for admissions and discharges of potentially infectious and symptomatic residents
- Developing systems on how to proceed if an outbreak is identified
- Educating staff on Medical Device Safety
- Creating systems for recording IPCP incidents
- Providing education on safe cleaning of linens, mattresses, and pillows
- Completing annual review of IPCP practices
Caring for residents and ensuring the safety of staff during a global pandemic presents unprecedented challenges. Our Consulting team has assisted facilities with successfully navigating the challenges of new policy and procedure development, development of audit tools, outbreak management, gap analysis and development of action plans to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and guidance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Additionally, our experienced team of consultants is prepared to assist your team with managing Infection Control Focused Surveys related to general infection control practices as well as the added regulatory requirements related to COVID-19.