Artis Senior Living Management, LLC, is seeking an experienced Regional Director of Operations to oversee multiple premier assisted living residences dedicated to individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory related disorders. Artis Senior Living’s current nationwide portfolio includes fifteen assisted living communities in operations or under construction, and over 30 communities in various stages of planning and development. This is an opportunity that doesn’t present itself often and is ideal for the right person who is looking to join a team of some of the most highly experienced and skilled leaders in the senior living industry.
Artis Senior Living was formed in 2012 by the Bainum family and leading health care executives. Artis Senior Living is a premier developer-owner-operator of assisted living residences committed to providing the finest level of care through a compassionate dedication to each resident’s comfort and needs. Most of its residences are dedicated to individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related memory disorders.
The Bainum family has successfully created and operated businesses in a variety of areas since 1944, including senior living and health care residences (nursing, assisted living, memory care assisted living and independent living), hospitality, multi-family housing, real estate development, pharmacies, hospitals, and construction. The late Stewart Bainum, Sr. opened his first state-of-the-art nursing center in 1960, which ultimately led to the formation of Manor Care, Inc. Manor Care grew to over 200 senior living and health care residences nationwide before merging into HCR Manor Care in 1998. Stewart Bainum, Sr. also founded Choice Hotels International (NYSE: CHH).
Today, Artis Senior Living benefits from the Bainum’s long-term focus and investment in the senior living industry, as well as the experience of a seasoned management team with over 25+ years of collaboration in the senior living market. Two generations of Bainum family members are active in the oversight of Artis Senior Living, among other family businesses, including holding seats on boards of directors.
ROLE AND EXPECTATIONS
The Regional Director is responsible for planning and is accountable for all services and departments of the assisted living communities assigned to him/her, subject to rules and regulations promulgated by government agencies to ensure proper services to residents. The Regional Director administers, directs and coordinates all functions of the communities to assure that the highest degree of quality of care is consistently provided to the residents.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Implements company objectives as determined and directed by the governing body. Serves as a leader who will set the vision, operating philosophy and tone of the region/company.
- Authorizes purchases of supplies and equipment within budgetary guidelines established by the governing body.
- Oversees and assists in the preparation of annual budgets for each facility, then works with management team to ensure that all departments strive to consistently meet monthly budget guidelines.
- Assures that all opportunities to generate ancillary revenue are fully maximized and reviewed monthly.
- Assures that completed business plan is in effect and is being followed for the current fiscal year.
- Makes periodic visits to each community. Meets with all levels of staff and exits each visit with the Executive Director to review issues. Makes physical rounds of the community both inside and out.
- Works with the sales and marketing team to monitor sales performance and to modify marketing plans as necessary in conjunction with the Vice President of Marketing.
- Promotes favorable public relations and represents the company as required, specifically with those businesses that influence the senior market.
- Maintains full compliance with all government laws and regulations regarding the operation of the communities within the assigned region.
- Consistently analyzes relevant operational data and effectively presents recommendations and conclusions in a timely manner.
- Oversees and guides department managers and Executive Directors in the development and use of departmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel as well as counsel/discipline assigned personnel according to established company personnel policy.
- Interviews and hires consultants, coordinators and other staff positions within the region as necessary.
- Completes, in a timely manner, any and all reports required of the position.
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that each location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes.
SPECIFIC EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in human services management, housing management and/or nursing home management.
- Must have a minimum of five-seven years demonstrated management and supervisory experience.
- Position may require obtaining a license or certification as may be required by applicable state and regulatory agencies for states within assigned region.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies, and he/she must have a working knowledge of all government regulations impacting on assisted living facilities.
- General knowledge of Accounting principles and practices and a comprehensive knowledge of employee practices and standards.
- Thorough knowledge of Administrative Management techniques, supervisory practices, procedures and principles.
- On-call availability as needed.
- Must be able to travel extensively
The search for the Regional Director of Operations for Artis Senior Living Management, LLC, is being conducted by the retained search firm of LeaderStat, LLC. Please forward all inquiries to:
Executive Search Consultant