Charming Senior Living community with Assisted Living and Memory Care is seeking an experienced, WA certified operations leader to join them as Executive Director in Snohomish County, Washington, north of Seattle, WA.
Snohomish County, Washington is an hour north of Seattle, & offers a great balance between nature and city, with the Puget Sound just a short drive away, plus rivers, hills, hiking trails as well as great food, spas and more! The cost of living is better there, and when you need a city fix, you just drive 1 hour south to Seattle where you'll be able to experience all that this hub of culture has to offer.
Senior Living Executive Director job duties are considerable. This position acts as the director of the facility and is ultimately responsible for all patient care and business decisions. Specifically, Senior Living Executive Director job duties may include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the facility and keep the organization on track for its long term goals and mission
- Coordinate and provide leadership to each clinical, managerial, and custodial team, and ensure that they work together effectively
- Hire (and fire) staff and employees at every level
- Ensure the facility operates in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Coordinate with clinical staff to ensure residents’ individual care plans are being followed
- Provide regular safety and compliance training
- Create and maintain a budget
- Oversee billing and set fees
- Act as the ‘face’ of the organization to the governing board, the public, and residents’ families; and as a liaison between staff, residents, and families
Given the 24/7 nature of Assisted Living and Memory Care communities, Executive Directors (ED) often work non-standard hours, and/or more than forty hours per week, and may be on-call on nights, weekends, and holidays. The ED role requires little to no clinical work. Most time is spent interacting with residents, families and staff, or in meetings, and requires excellent skills in time and stress management, a calm, patient, and professional demeanor, and deep understanding of both the clinical and business aspects of running an Assisted Living or Senior Living or Memory Care community.
Executive Director Job Requirements
State licensure is required. Qualified candidates for DSHS Assisted Living Facility Administrator positions are those with years of experience in the senior living and who have specialized training in the areas of health and gerontology.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Strong base pay
- Potential for earning additional bonus
- Being supported, without being micromanaged
- Long term career advacement potential
- Benefits including Health/ Dental/ Vision, 401K, vacation time/ plus sick time and holidays
- Support of a highly regarded mid-sized provider of retirement and senior living
Ideal candidates will have:
- Assisted Living Manager certification in Washington State
- Ideally some previous experience in Assisted Living, Senior Living, Memory Care, or Retirement Living leadership
- Strong, stable tenure in previous jobs - (at least 2-3 consecutive years minimum in prior jobs)
- Excellent track record of success in developing census, referral sources, and teams
- An honest nature and direct conversation style
- Solid work ethic & bright & curious mind
Have we captured your attention? Does this opportunity peak your interest?
We can't wait to tell you more!
Email your resume today for immediate consideration and complete job details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Executive Director, Senior Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Assisted Living Manager
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.