High-performing Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) just northwest of St. Louis, Missouri seeks detail oriented, approachable Director of Nursing (DON, DNS) to lead their clinical team & continue their great track record of positive care outcomes.
Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising a nursing unit. This position is ultimately responsible, and accountable, for the nursing care received by residents. This position reports to the Nursing Home Administrator.
Specifically, Director of Nursing job duties include:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Developing a business plan and budget for the nursing unit
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Director of Nursing jobs require a candidate who has significant critical care and operations management experience, a strong understanding of skilled nursing standards of care, and federal and state regulations including Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care reimbursement rules. A high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities are must-haves. Candidates must be able to think critically and adapt quickly to new situations.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Working in partnership with a easy-going Nursing Home Administrator who has excellent tenure and who will have their back in times of stress
- Walking into a community with an excellent survey history and zero complaint surveys in the past year
- Being employed by a stable and growing company
- Having the support of a talented Regional Clinical team
Ideal candidates will bring:
- Skilled Nursing Facility experience as a Director of Nursing or similar clinical leadership role
- Stable tenure in their job history
- Interest in living in the northwest area of St Louis, MO
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence as a leader and warmth as a mentor/ educator
If this all sounds like your perfect cup of tea, email your resume today for immediate consideration to:
Or if this listing has sparked questions that you need answered first, feel free to call:
Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, at 480-991-0218 x303
Keywords: DON, Director of Nursing, RN, Registered Nurse, LTC, Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing, SNF
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.