Charming Skilled Nursing Facility in western Iowa, within commutable driving distance of Omaha, Nebraska, seeks Registered Nurse (RN) in IA for their Director of Nursing (DON, DNS) position.
This role requires a clinical leader who understands the Iowa and Federal regulations regarding proper care in Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF). Additionally, an ideal candidate for this will have held a leadership role previously and be capable of mentoring and educating their care team to assure great clinical outcomes.
Director of Nursing Job Description
Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising a nursing unit. This position is ultimately responsible, and accountable, for the nursing care received by residents. This person will report to the Nursing Home Administrator.
Specifically, Director of Nursing job duties include:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Developing a business plan and budget for the nursing unit
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Job Titles Related to Director of Nursing (DON)
Depending on the size and focus of the facility, Directors of Nursing sometimes go by other names, such as DON, Director of Nursing Services or DNS.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Leading a high-performing care team
- Educating care staff
- Recognizing potential future leaders and mentoring them
- Being supported by a stable multi-state provider
- Good pay and complete benefits
- Working at a lovely, recently remodeled community
Ideal candidates will bring:
- A Registered Nursing (RN) license in Iowa
- Knowledge of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) regulations
- Experience as a clinical leader
- Open communication style, with a gift for encouraging others
- Capability of holding staff accountable while maintaining a positive work environment
Does this sound like a match for you? Now is the time to heed the call and deliver your skills where they are most needed!
Email your resume today for immediate consideration: email@example.com
Or if you have questions, please call Dylan, Executive Recruiter, at: 740.602.8146.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.