Modern Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) with a strong focus on post-surgical & rehabilitation care on the west side of the greater St. Louis, Missouri area is seeking a talented Registered Nurse (RN) with management level experience to step into their Director of Nursing (DON, DNS) role.
Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising a skilled nursing unit. This position is ultimately responsible, and accountable, for the nursing care received by residents. The DON will report to the Nursing Home Administrator.
Specifically, Director of Nursing job duties include:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Developing a business plan and budget for the nursing unit
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Depending on the size and focus of the facility, Directors of Nursing sometimes go by other names, such as DON, DNS, or Assistant Director of Nursing ADON.
This job requires a candidate who has significant critical care and operations management experience, a strong understanding of skilled nursing standards of care, and federal and state regulations including Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care reimbursement rules. A high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities are must-haves. Candidates must be able to think critically, and adapt quickly to new situations.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Support from regional clinicians with superior expertise and knowledge in the industry
- Good pay and benefits
- Convenient location near to hospitals & other referral sources
- An opportunity to launch a special Memory Care unit in the near future
- Great potential for future career advancement within this growing company
Ideal candidates will bring:
- Previous clinical leadership experience in post-acute or skilled nursing facility settings
- Registered Nurse license in the state of Missouri (RN in MO)
- Solid track record of success in State & Federal Surveys
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and educating teams
- Affinity for working with seniors, plus ideally being previous experience serving the needs of those suffering with Dementia & Alzheimer's Disease
Does this all fall in line with your current career goals? Great! Email your resume for immediate consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you have additional questions, call: 480-991-0218 x303 & speak with Executive Search Consultant, Michelle Koch for future information.
KEYWORDS: DON, DNS, Director of Nursing, Director of Nursing Services, SNF, Skilled Nursing Facility, Post-Acute Care, Rehabilitation, Clinical Director, Registered Nurse, RN.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.