Chief Operations Officer (COO) – Senior Living Services
LeaderStat Premier has been retained by Samaritas to assist in the search for their next Chief Operations Officer over Senior Living Services. Founded in 1934, Samaritas is the largest faith based non-profit service organization in Michigan. With more than 70 programs in 40 cities, Samaritas is a nationally respected and recognized organization that serves more than 16,000 clients annually. Samaritas connects people with families and communities, empowers them to live their fullest life possible, and creates a ripple effect of transformation. Their mission is to serve people as an expression of the love of Christ.
Samaritas Senior Living offers retirement living for seniors with five communities in Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Cadillac, Traverse City, and Bloomfield Hills. They provide person-centered care in a variety of settings including independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory support, rehabilitation therapy, and home care services. Their annual revenue for Senior Living is approximately $50 Million, representing almost half of the overall revenue of the organization. A team of over 700 senior living employees are dedicated to serving their residents with compassion, dignity, and respect.
Samaritas embraces a supportive, unified, and collaborative culture for their team. Their staff acts with integrity and transparency while optimizing quality, maximizing efficiency and challenging the status quo. They are dedicated to creating a culture of hospitality and committed to expanding their various services with continued improved outcomes.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) of Senior Living services is responsible for the performance of the organization, its subsidiaries and affiliates in concert with the organization’s mission, values and services. The COO can live anywhere within traveling distance to their headquarters in Detroit.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to Senior Living leadership staff, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization; establish effective decision-making processes that will enable achievement of long- and short-term goals and objectives.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the CEO and executive leadership staff to ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- Oversee the financial status of Senior Living services including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the programs and staff and to meet budget targets for all related services.
- Provide needed political advocacy and seek leadership opportunities within advocacy groups to ensure adequate reimbursement and policy changes as needed in support of Senior Living service programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social work, nursing, or field related to the organization’s core areas of service.
- Master’s degree in business administration, nursing, health care management or related field preferred.
- Ten years of progressively responsible leadership experience with at least five years in a senior leadership role is required.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
We welcome your confidential expressions of personal interest and nominations of qualified colleagues. For more information, please contact:
Rachel Grisak, Executive Search Consultant at LeaderStat
email@example.com Direct: 614.505.7350