We recently had the opportunity to speak with new LeaderStat Interim Consultant, Mary Ann P., regarding her experience in the interim healthcare world. She took some time to share her thoughts on her new career with us.
- How long have you been an Interim Consultant with LeaderStat?
I have been with LeaderStat about 4 months now.
- What did you do before you started Interim work and why did you decide to give interim work a try?
Before working travel assignments I worked in permanent positions but would go to our sister facilities to help train, catch up on MDS assessments or fill in for someone on vacation. That’s where I learned I loved the travel.
- What do you love about your job?
Helping others is my passion. I love MDS work and getting to learn about other facilities and visiting beautiful places.
- Do you have a favorite state where you love to work?
I’m new to the travel MDS world, western New Mexico was beautiful with the mountains and low humidity.
- Is the process easy (in regards to travel arrangements, requests, etc.)?
Working with LeaderStat is awesome. They make it so easy - do the travel arrangements for you and always willing to assist. I recently had a cancelled flight on a Sunday. I phoned Miranda and explained everything to her. She was so helpful in making accommodations for me. They are great! Just great!
- Do you have a favorite memory as an Interim Consultant?
Still a little early to have a favorite memory. So far all is a good memory.
- What advice would you give to a new Interim Consultant?
If you’re thinking of travel - would highly recommended… it’s the best!
Mary Ann, welcome to LeaderStat! We are so excited to have you as part of our Interim Team!