Skilled Nursing Administrator
Masonic Homes of California is seeking an innovative and experienced Skilled Nursing Administrator to lead their Union City campus. Located just 40 miles outside of San Francisco, The Masonic Homes at Union City sits on top of 267 acres of scenic property and is currently home to about 300 residents. The campus offers independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care, and on-site post-surgical rehabilitation.
Some highlights of this unique role include.:
- Excellent opportunity to lead a beautiful five-star rated facility of a distinguished organization that is constantly evolving, improving, and growing.
- Serve seniors in a community that is providing the highest level of clinical and social support.
- Engage in a fulfilling career that supports healthcare and philanthropic initiatives of the organization.
- Join a culture centered on excellence, personal connection, collaboration, and integrity.
- Excellent opportunities for future professional growth!
About The Masonic Homes of California
Masons are driven by a commitment to take care of one another and their communities. It was in this spirit of charity that California Masons created Masonic Homes. In 1898, the fraternity opened the first California Masonic Home in order to care for Masonic widows and orphans. Eleven years later, the fraternity opened a second home in Southern California. These original two buildings have evolved into our present-day retirement communities in Union City and Covina. Over the years, we have also developed outreach and youth programs that are able to reach every community in California. These support services are relied upon by hundreds of families, both with and without Masonic affiliation.
- The SNF Administrator acts as the “face” of the Skilled Nursing Facility to the governing board, the public, and residents’ families; and as a liaison between staff, residents, and families.
- He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the facility and keep the organization on track for its long-term goals and mission; coordinates the delivery of clinical, facilities, dietary, and all other ancillary services in accordance with policies and procedures, applicable federal, state and local regulations and standards.
- Oversees and controls delivery of these services to assure high quality care.
- Provides leadership by example to all staff. Develops a highly competent, knowledgeable and reliable healthcare management team.
- Meets with staff from all areas, and as appropriate, leads, as appropriate, in identifying and connecting problem areas, and/or improvement of services.
- Maintains metrics in support of decision making in the functional areas of the SNF, including census and census projections, staff longevity, turnover, hiring and morale, medical & clinical metrics which are key in State survey performance.
- Manages the operation using the key metrics.
- Embraces and models the principles (pillars) of the Masonic Home Way: Safety, Personal Connection, Experience and Efficiency.
- Collaborates weekly with the Sr. Director of Clinical Quality Management/ Compliance Officer and Vice President of Clinical Services on overall operations of the Health Services facility.
- Meets on a regular basis with the Director of Nursing and the Medical Director regarding the needs and functions of the SNF.
- Serves on various committees of the facility as required by existing regulations and as appointed. Acts as the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Director as required by OBRA.
- Builds, directs and evaluates healthcare management team. Conducts interviews and makes final decision in areas of responsibility for hiring, staffing, work assignments and Performance Management of employees.
- Oversees admissions decisions for residents in relation to ensuring that the facility is applying policies appropriately, using resources wisely, and adhering to state and federal regulations.
- Interviews residents or family members as necessary; maintains liaison with families and residents. Meets or counsels with residents to ascertain needs or resolve problems.
- Prepares department budget proposal for submission to Administration and the Board of Trustees and is responsible for the effective utilization of the use of all resources.
- Informs Directors of the Masonic Home regarding needs, activities and programs of the skilled nursing facility (SNF). Negotiates and advocates for operations and the internal services needed.
- Oversees Marketing efforts and is responsible for maintaining census projections and reaching census occupancy goals.
- Exhibits positive customer service both to internal and external customers, and team members.
- Oversee totality of annual departmental and facility surveys
- Captain the implementation of any plan of correction (POC) strategies
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a SNF Administrator
- Proven ability to support residents, resident families while maintaining the morale of the Nursing and Support teams
- Must be able to understand the financial reporting and budgeting for the SNF operation, including managing expenses, forecasting expenses, and making justifiable business decisions based upon financial reports
We welcome your confidential expressions of personal interest and nominations of qualified colleagues. Inquiries and questions regarding this search may be directed to Rachel Grisak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-505-7350.