Gorgeous ocean views, warm Pacific breeze on your face, verdant landscapes, and happy people on sandy beaches - this is what you picture imagining Hawaii.
Well what if you could have a career there? Top tier Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF, LTC) seeks Registered Nurse MDS Coordinator (RN) to join their team.
You will be joining a supportive and encouraging team of nurses, caregivers and other staff who all partner together to provide excellent & respectful care to their elder residents. You'll be working in partnership with all the department heads to assess incoming residents & get the proper documentation is completed to ensure maximum reimbursement from Medicare & Medicaid for the care they receive.
If you currently hold an RN license in another state & you receive an offer from our client, LeaderStat will guide you through Hawaii's application process which includes:
- Completed application with endorsement
- Nursy’s check
- Finger prints with your field code
- Self-Query check (this is $4)
This process should take between 20-30 days to complete. With that in mind, a candidate can begin these steps after they receive an offer from our client & before they complete their 30-day notice to their current employer.
MDS Coordinator Job Description
The MDS (Minimum Data Set) is gathered via the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) process, which assesses a resident’s behavioral, psychological, clinical, nutritional, and physical strengths and needs to create an individualized cared plan that considers the resident holistically. The MDS Coordinator then works with nursing, PT, nutrition, etc., to ensure care plan guidelines for each resident are followed, and compliant with ethical standards and Medicare requirements.
MDS is also the key driver for Medicare payment and many Medicaid reimbursement systems, and is especially critical for long-term care providers. Care payment level categories, or Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs) are determined by MDS assessments. Small adjustments in the case mix score can result in a significant increase (or decrease) in revenue for which the facility is entitled. MDS Coordinators are responsible for setting RUG levels for each resident and ensuring the facility is getting accurate, and maximum, reimbursement.
MDS Coordinator Requirements
MDS Coordinator must be Registered Nurses (RNs) that has received on-the-job training, or completed an MDS-training program. Candidates must be familiar with MDS 3.0, and have an in-depth working knowledge of the RAI user manual and RUG categories.
Attention to detail is a must as there are dozens of RUG categories. Even small inaccuracies can result in significant reimbursement deficits.
Candidates must have knowledge of current state, federal, and CMS regulations, and be able to relate professionally, positively, and cooperatively with staff, residents and family members.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Being a part of a remarkably stable & financially secure provider of skilled nursing and long term care
- Earning a strong base pay
- Receiving a generous benefit package, including Health Insurance and Retirement Plan
- Living in Hawaii; one of the most beautiful places on the planet
Ideal candidates will bring:
- An unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in any US State (with the expectation that you'll promptly pursue your Hawaii license immediately upon receipt of a job offer from our client)
- Stable previous tenure in a Skilled Nursing Facility or Long Term Care Nursing facility setting, with understanding of SNF clinical regulations
- Ideal background will include some prior MDS Coordinator responsibility
- A flexible/ adaptable mindset, able to adjust to a new way of life as well as a new work environment with relative ease
- Clear and open communication style
- A deep affinity for working with seniors
- A willingness to relocate to Hawaii and invest yourself in a great new career
This is a chance to work in PARADISE - what more do you need to know?
Email your resume TODAY for immediate consideration!
Or if you have questions, call Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, at (480)991-0218 x303.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.