Charming Skilled Nursing Facility northwest of Des Moines, IA seeks an experienced Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (LNHA, NHA) to lead operations in their community.
You'll be joining a warm group of caregivers, dedicated to seeing Iowa's rural seniors receive top quality care. The parent company provides the opportunity for you to made decisions and explore your own great ideas for how to best organize and lead your team. The support you'll receive from your area Regional Operations Director is exceptional!
Pay in this role is very competitive, and benefits are complete and include 4-weeks of paid vacation time plus holidays!
Nursing Home Administrator Job Description
Nursing Home Administrator job duties are considerable, and vary from building to building depending on size, level of care, managerial structure, and focus. Generally, this position acts as the director of the facility and is ultimately responsible for all patient care and business decisions. Specifically, Nursing Home Administrator job duties may include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the facility and keep the organization on track for its long term goals and mission
- Coordinate and provide leadership to each clinical, managerial, and custodial team, and ensure that they work together effectively
- Hire (and fire) staff and employees at every level
- Ensure the facility operates in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Coordinate with clinical staff to ensure residents’ individual care plans are being followed
- Provide regular safety and compliance training
- Create and maintain a budget
- Oversee billing and set fees
- Act as the ‘face’ of the organization to the governing board, the public, and residents’ families; and as a liaison between staff, residents, and families
- Given the 24/7 nature of nursing homes, Nursing Home Administrators often work non-standard hours, and/or more than forty hours per week, and may be on-call on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The Nursing Home Administrator role requires little to no clinical work. Most time is spent interacting with residents, families and staff, or in meetings, and requires excellent skills in time and stress management, a calm, patient, and professional demeanor, and deep understanding of both the clinical and business aspects of running an acute care or nursing facility.
Job Titles Related to Nursing Home Administrator (NHA):
Depending on the size and focus of the facility, Nursing Home Administrators sometimes go by other names, such as LNHA, NHA and Executive Director.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Health/ Dental/ Vision insurance
- Retirement Plan
- 4-weeks vacation time
- 6 national holidays
- 4 sick days
- Experienced and kind Regional Director of Operations for support
- Autonomy as a leader to make decisions related to your own building's operations
Ideal candidates will bring:
- Iowa state License as a Nursing Home Administrator
- Measurable successes as a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) operations leader
- Strong knowledge of long term care regulations from both state and federal levels
- Track record of positive Survey outcomes &/or improved CMS Star Ratings
- Experience developing occupancy/ improving census in a skilled nursing facility setting
- Clear and open communication style, with an ability to make expectations known
- Ability to hold staff accountable and keep them feeling positive about the good work they are doing every day
Does this sound like you in a nutshell? Crack it open and share your resume today!
For immediate consideration, email your resume to: email@example.com
If you have questions, please call Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, at (480)991-0218 x303.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.