Beautiful hilltop views of the Pacific ocean, warm breeze on your face, lush landscapes, beaches and happy people - this is what one thinks of when imagining Hawaii.
Well what if you could have a career there? Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF, LTC) seeks Registered Nurse Manager (RN) to join their leadership team & help handle on-call rotation one week per month.
You will be joining a supportive and encouraging team of nurses, caregivers and other staff who all partner together to provide excellent & respectful care to their elder residents. One week per month, you'll be tasked with holding the 24/7 on-call responsibility, and in this way all the clinical leaders in the team can enjoy some well-earned work-life balance.
If you currently hold an RN license in another state, you can go to Hawaii's board of nursing, apply in person, and walk out with a nursing license for that state either that day or within 48 hours, commonly referred to as a "walk through state."
The responsibilities for the Nurse Manager include:
The nurse manager is responsible for the daily operations of a nursing unit and supervising the nursing personnel in a particular unit or department. The nurse manager/ supervisor position is a managerial/ administrative job, with limited hands-on clinical duties (there may be clinical responsibilities when the unit is short-staffed). Specifically, nurse manager job duties may include:
- Recognize and assist in solving clinical and administrative problems
- Supervise care delivery systems to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Provide clinical expertise in medical, behavioral, and crisis management
- Coordinate with the Unit Manager and/or Director of Nursing to accomplish facility and patient-care goals
- Develop and implement nursing policies and procedures
- Communicate with residents and families to address care-related concerns
- Monitor patient medications, treatment, and therapies for quality assurance and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Being a part of a remarkably stable & financially secure provider of skilled nursing and long term care
- Earning a strong base pay
- Receiving a generous benefit package, including Health Insurance and Retirement Plan
- Living in Hawaii; one of the most beautiful places on the planet
Ideal candidates will bring:
- An unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in any US State (with the expectation that you'll eventually travel to Hawaii and go to their board of nursing, apply in person, and walk out with a nursing license for that state either that day or within 48 hours
- Stable previous tenure in a Skilled Nursing Facility or Long Term Care Nursing facility setting, with understanding of SNF clinical regulations
- Ideal background will include some prior supervisory responsibility in a clinical setting
- A flexible/ adaptable mindset, able to adjust to a new way of life as well as a new work environment with relative ease
- Clear and open communication style
- A deep affinity for working with seniors
- A willingness to relocate to Hawaii and invest yourself in a great new career
This is a chance to work in PARADISE - what more do you need to know?
Email your resume TODAY for immediate consideration!
Or if you have questions, call Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, at (480)991-0218 x303.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.