Interim Director of Activities
ABOUT THE JOB
LeaderStat is seeking a Director of Activities in Tenafly, New Jersey. This person will be responsible for coordinating, directing and planning the recreation programs to meet the specific needs of each and all residents. The Director of Activities will ensure residents’ lives are maintained to the extent possible by providing activities and contacts with the community.
- Staff the activities department including scheduling, adhering to budgeted hours, adhering to departmental budget.
- Plan, schedule and implement a program of individual and group activities based on residents’ needs and interests.
- Ensure that all residents are properly interviewed and assessed prior to the initial resident care conference and include assessment information in the medical record.
- Identify and documents in the resident’s care plan the activity interests, needs and problems of the residents. Update the MDS assessment and care plan as needed and according to regulations.
- Serve as an active member of the interdisciplinary team attending all resident care conferences and integrating the recreation plan as part of the total resident plan of care.
- Maintain departmental documentation that reflects services provided and resident progress towards goals including progress notes, participation records, one-to-one records, etc.
- Plan and coordinate weekend and evening activities as needed per resident interest.
ABOUT OUR INTERIM DIVISION
LeaderStat’s Interim Division is dedicated to working closely with you to pair you up on assignments that fit your needs. We have Consultant Specialists who ensure your housing and travel coordination goes off seamlessly. We know that keeping you happy also keeps our clients happy so we strive to provide you with fulfilling assignments.
- 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program in a long-term care setting
- Imagination and creativity preferred.
- Ability to maintain and organize a high volume of both written and electronic information.
Whether sudden or planned, a change in a key leadership position can disrupt an otherwise smooth operation. Our experienced interim managers and executives drive key financial and clinical systems so organizations continue to function at its optimal level. We’ve built a network of accomplished professionals, including both interim managers and C-suite executives. It’s what we do best so organizations can continue to do what they do best – without interruption.
LEADERSTAT INTERIM BENEFITS
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay – (7 days per year)
- W2 Employee Status
- Weekly Pay & Direct Deposit
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Educational Programs
- Travel Reimbursement
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Worker’s Compensation Coverage
- Referral Bonuses
- Dedicated Support Team
- Free Housing & Travel Coordination