Registered Nurses have a lot of employment options right now, but one of the most important is the role of Health Services Director in Assisted Living and Memory Care. Seniors need the sharpest of RNs to ensure their safety and good health. If you have your RN license in the state of Oregon, this opportunity to make a difference may be the next best career move for you!
Health Services Director (HSD, AL DON, RSD) needed urgently for a Portland, Oregon area Senior Living community, providing Oregon's seniors with assisted living and memory care. This community has a talented and supportive leadership team, including a strong Regional RN. The provider strives to promote from within, and would love this incoming RN to be one who eagerly mentors and educates the team in order to encourage their career development. The company is stable, pay is good and benefits are complete!
The Health Services Director role:
The Registered Nurse in this HSD role will ensure that resident care needs are met by coordinating and overseeing the health and supportive services provided to residents at the Assisted Living Community. HSD will also provide training and oversight of staff in all areas of health related services.
Specifically, Health Services Director job duties include:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Developing a business plan and budget for the nursing unit
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Job Titles Related to Health Services Director (HSD)
Depending on the size and focus of the facility, Health Services Directors sometimes go by other names, such as AL DON, Health and Wellness Director, Resident Services Director or Director of Clinical Services.
This HSD job requires a candidate who has significant critical care and operations management experience, a strong understanding of assisted living & memory care standards of care, and federal and state regulations. A high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities are must-haves. Candidates must be able to think critically, and adapt quickly to new situations.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Financially stable parent company
- Talented Regional RN for support
- Eager team waiting enthusiastically for education and mentoring
- Good pay and participation in bonus program
- Benefits that include Health/ Dental/ Vision insurance, 401K with company match, Life Insurance and EAP
- 3-weeks of Paid Time Off in year one plus 8 holidays
Ideal candidates will bring:
- Registered Nurse license (RN) in Oregon (OR)
- Experience as a clinical leader in a senior living setting, assisted living or memory care
- Strong drive to educate and mentor teams, encouraging their high caliber performance and career growth
- Track record of regulatory success
- Strong stable tenure in previous jobs
- Desire to set down roots in the Portland, Oregon area
- Interest in advancing within the company over time
Does this peak your interest? Do you know another outstanding RN who ought to be leading a team? Reach out today with a resume for immediate consideration!
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt attention!
Or if you have questions, call Dylan Arthur, Executive Recruiter, at (480)991-0218 x305 for more information.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.