Senior Living community on the east side of Des Moines, Iowa seeks an experienced operations leader to step into their Executive Director role.
This property provides area seniors with independent living options, along with assisted living & memory care. They have exciting plans underway for renovations and improvements to systems that are going to make this community hum with efficiency! The new ED will be pivotal throughout this process as the driver of change and the encourager in chief!
The provider is a very successful not for profit with strong financials, an excellent reputation in the market, and remarkable tenure within their leadership. The new Executive Director will be offered support is needed but trusted with the autonomy to get the job done without being micromanaged.
Executive Director responsibilities/ overview:
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the facility and keep the organization on track for its long-term goals and mission
· Coordinate and provide leadership to each clinical, managerial, and custodial team, and ensure that they work together effectively
· Hire (and fire) staff and employees at every level
· Ensure the property operates in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
· Coordinate with clinical staff to ensure residents’ individual care plans are being followed
· Provide regular safety and compliance training
· Create and maintain a budget
· Oversee billing and set fees
· Act as the ‘face’ of the organization to the governing board, the public, and residents’ families; and as a liaison between staff, residents, and families
Given the 24/7 nature of senior living communities, Executive Directors often work non-standard hours, and/or more than forty hours per week, and may be on-call on nights, weekends, and holidays. Most time is spent interacting with residents, families and staff, or in meetings, and requires excellent skills in time and stress management, a calm, patient, and professional demeanor, and deep understanding of both the clinical and business aspects of running a senior living property.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
· Stable parent company that re-invests heavily in meeting the needs of residents
· Community level team that will welcome a confident leader
· Great pay
· Potential bonus up to 20% of base salary
· Remarkably generous benefits, including Health/ Vision/ Dental insurance, and a retirement plan with company contribution plus company match!
Ideal candidates will bring:
· Assisted Living Manager’s license in the state of Iowa
· Track record of success as an Executive Director in Iowa over an Assisted Living &/or Memory Care community
· Solid understanding of Iowa’s state regulations for Assisted Living communities
· Decent tenure in previous positions
· Interest in bringing improvements to this community
· Warm and approachable communication style
Think about what you envision for your next career step. If this sounds like a close match to your vision, email your resume today!
For immediate consideration email your resume to: email@example.com
Or call with questions: Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, (480)991-0218 x303.
Keywords: Executive Director, Senior Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Independent living, Retirement Living.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.