Founded in 1903 Nathaniel Witherell is a non-profit Skilled Nursing community owned by the Town of Greenwich and is the only nursing home municipally owned in the state of Connecticut. Reporting to the Board of Directors this is a rare opportunity to lead a stable, well funded community committed to person-centered care provided by a compassionate, highly competent, and experienced staff. It boasts a turnover rate six times lower than Connecticut’s state average.
Located an hour north of New York City, situated on a beautiful 20 acres campus replete with gardens, open spaces, and wooded areas, Witherell’s 202-bed community recently went through vast improvements, including a state-of-the-art Rehab Center and 46 new rehab beds, the past few years have also seen a complete modernization of all 88 of the long-term rooms, the addition of a new courtyard garden, and major infrastructure improvements.
- Reviews, renews/revises the facility’s vision and goals for long and short-term care. Establishes and implements strategic plans and operational goals. Develops short and long term management priorities.
- Develops, implements and administers programs, procedures and policies in conjunction with the strategic mission.
- Identifies, evaluates and implements where appropriate new revenue opportunities in the skilled nursing environment. Effects and manages change within the organization to address market changes and community needs. Provides leadership to promote the Facility’s fiscal well-being in light of the Medicare Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM).
- Actively encourages the continual use of a volunteer program, coordinating with the Director of Volunteers to augment the services and personnel of the facility to improve the quality of care.
- A current Connecticut Nursing Home Administrator License or a similar license in another state that allows for licensure reciprocity with the State of Connecticut.
- Bachelor’s Degree and extensive healthcare administration experience.
If you would like to schedule a confidential conversation to learn more about this opportunity contact: