Greenville, South Carolina area Assisted Living property is eager to welcome a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN, LPN) to their leadership team as the Assisted Living Director of Nursing (AL DON, Health & Wellness Director, Health Services Director).
Ideal candidates will have their LVN license in SC already, or be able to quickly acquire one, and have a strong desire to live in the greater Greenville, SC market.
Exposure to senior living, assisted living, memory care, or similar will be essential. Any experience in a clinical management level role will of course be important, as this position is responsible for overseeing care provided to senior living residents, as well as offering excellent customer service to families.
This nurse will need to have an internal drive to get things done and be comfortable holding others accountable to meeting their clearly expressed expectations.
Assisted Living Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising an assisted living's delivery of care. This position is ultimately responsible, and accountable, for the nursing care received by residents. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Job duties include:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Developing a business plan and budget for the healthcare department
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
In assisted living centers, the AL DON may be called a Wellness Director, Clinical Director or Director of Clinical Services, Health Services Director, Health & Wellness Director, Director of Resident Care, Care Services Manager or similar.
The AL Director of Nursing job requires a candidate who has significant care and operations management experience, a strong understanding of senior living standards of care, and federal and state regulations. A high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities are must-haves. Candidates must be able to think critically and adapt quickly to new situations.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Great pay
- Generous benefits, including responsible PTO
- Serious potential for future career advancement within this stable & growing company
- Easygoing team that is eager for your leadership
Ideal candidates will bring:
- South Carolina Licensed Vocational Nurse certificate (LVN, LPN) or RN
- Experience in a management level role
- A track record of success in Assisted Living, Senior Living, &/or Memory Care setting
- A self-starter attitude, and a drive to do things well
- Clear & open communication style
- An ability to be strict but fair, laying out clear expectations and then following through to ensure they are met
Savvy with regard to inter-departmental communication, especially with the sales team to ensure that they’re bringing in folks who will be a good match for the community
For more information please submit your resume to Kristin Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org