A Newly Renovated, warm & inviting Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) located in a beautiful Toledo Suburb south of the city seeks a Registered Nurse (RN) for their Director of Nursing (DON) position.
This community's focus is primarily to provide a comfortable community to age in place, providing a much needed continuum of care to residents.
The team here is top of the line, with a strong history of excellent clinical outcomes and positive Annual Survey Results. Staffing is also excellent, and impressive long-term tenure in the company is the norm.
Director of Nursing Job Description
Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising a nursing unit. This position is ultimately responsible, and accountable, for the nursing care received by residents.
The DON reports to the Nursing Home Administrator.
Specifically, Director of Nursing job duties include:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Developing a business plan and budget for the nursing unit
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Director of Nursing jobs require a candidate who has significant critical care and operations management experience, a strong understanding of skilled nursing standards of care, and federal and state regulations including Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care reimbursement rules. A high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities are must-haves. Candidates must be able to think critically, and adapt quickly to new situations.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- being part of a Company in which owners truly care about quality and support creativity and innovation at the community level
- earning a strong salary and complete benefits package
- working in partnership with a talented and well-tenured team of department heads
- joining a beautiful facility in which the team is performing a peak levels
Ideal candidates will bring:
- Registered Nurse (RN) license in OH
- Skilled Nursing Facility clinical leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Director of Nursing in a skilled nursing facility or 5+ years as Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON).
- A strong desire to work in partnership with other department heads
- An open communication style, with which you encourage your team to share a seat at the table
- Creative problem solving skills
- An ability to encourage staff and educate them, keeping the team accountable while maintaining a positive energy in the building
In the midst of current Covid-19 challenges, holding a leadership role in healthcare is like joining the Avengers - you are a superhero, for real! We respect and appreciate everything you do, and want to see you advance your career with this excellent provider of post-acute care.
If you're ready for the red cape, email your resume today for immediate consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you have questions, feel free to call Laura Jansing, Executive Search Consultant, at (614)505-3617
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status