In most SNF's the DON works like crazy with little backup or support; in this SNF, the company staffs enough additional nurse managers that the DON has a much more livable work setting.
Director of Nursing Job Description
Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising a nursing unit. This position is ultimately responsible, and accountable, for the nursing care received by residents. The DON reports to the Executive Director.
Specifically, Director of Nursing job duties include:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Developing a business plan and budget for the nursing unit
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Director of Nursing Job Requirements
Candidates must be licensed, registered nurses (RN), ideally in the state of Iowa (IA). Further training or certifications such as: Director of Nursing Services – Certified (DNS-CT) is a PLUS (not a requirement).
Director of Nursing jobs require a candidate who has significant critical care and operations management experience, a strong understanding of skilled nursing standards of care, and federal and state regulations including Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care reimbursement rules. A high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities are must-haves. Candidates must be able to think critically, and adapt quickly to new situations.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Being a part of a fantastic provider with solid financials and great resources available
- Joining a talented, pleasant Executive Director
- Leading a team that earned a CMS 5-star rating for their SNF
- Earning competitive pay and potential for bonus
- Receiving generous benefits, including good Health/ Vision/ Dental program, retirement contribution and even relocation assistance if needed
- Having a team of other Nurse Managers who can support you in your leadership responsibilities
Ideal candidates will bring:
- Registered Nurse (RN) license (ideally in Iowa)
- Clinical leadership experience
- Strong tenure in prior jobs
- Experience in post-acute healthcare, skilled nursing, long term care or similar
- Comprehensive knowledge of both State and Federal Regulations over Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) in Iowa
- Gift for clear and open communication
- Enjoyment of working with seniors and seeing them provided with excellent care
- A love of mentoring and educating staff, keeping an eye out for future leaders and grooming them for success
- Measurable achievements over the course of their career
This sounds like an incredible opportunity! How can you resist the urge to submit your resume when you know this could be the best next step for your career?
For immediate consideration, email your resume to: email@example.com
Or if you have questions, please call: Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, (480)991-0218 x303.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.