Successful Central California Skilled Nursing Facility with high CMS rating and marvelous team atmosphere, seeks Registered Nurse (CA RN) who has held a previous SNF management level role to join them as their Director of Nursing (DON, DNS).
Central California has the advantage of being within 3-hours driving distance to beaches, mountains, lakes and cities. Best of all, the cost of living there (for California at least) approaches something like what "normal" people can afford! This Skilled Nursing Facility is therefore ideally located.
Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising a nursing unit. This position is ultimately responsible and accountable for the nursing care received by residents. This role reports to the Nursing Home Administrator.
Specifically, Director of Nursing job duties include:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Developing a business plan and budget for the nursing unit
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Directors of Nursing sometimes go by other names, such as DON, DNS, or Director of Nursing Services. An Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) with long stable tenure and strong track record of success may also be considered for this role.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Being supported by a stable not for profit provider of Skilled Nursing care
- Partnering with a talented regional Registered Nurse for education & guidance
- Sharing the community leadership with a bright and easy-to-work with Nursing Home Administrator
- Mentoring a team of nurses & caregivers and ensuring their knowledge of state & federal regulations are up to date
- Having the future opportunity to grow within the organization
- Visiting regularly with senior residents and their families to answer their questions & enjoy their stories
Ideal candidates will bring:
- California state registered nursing license (RN)
- A track record of clinical leadership success, ideally in a SNF/ Skilled Nursing or CCRC setting
- A strong affinity for working to serve the needs of seniors
- A love of developing new talent through education, mentoring & encouragement
- A strong work ethic and drive to provide top tier quality care
Does this spark your imagination? Great! You're the kind of nurse we want to see!
Email your resume for immediate consideration to: email@example.com
Or if you have questions, call Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, at (480)991-0218 x303.
KEYWORDS: SNF, Skilled Nursing Facility, Director of Nursing, DON, DNS, Registered Nurse, RN.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status