HOUSTON, TEXAS - calling all ultra-talented Registered Nurses with Skilled Nursing Facility leadership background! Lively & engergetic team of clinicians in a Houston-based SNF are waiting for you to lead them toward successful clinical outcomes and positive survey results as their new Director of Nursing (DON, DNS)!
This team has excellent tenure among the rest of the crew, and the provider offers financial stability and clinical support/ systems in place. The staffing ratios here are strong as well.
Director of Nursing Job Description
Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising a nursing unit. This position is ultimately responsible, and accountable, for the nursing care received by residents. This person reports to the Nursing Home Administrator/ Executive Director.
Specifically, Director of Nursing job duties include:
- Directing the nursing program, including implementing new policies and procedures when necessary
- Overseeing hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Developing a business plan and budget for the nursing unit
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Job Titles Related to Director of Nursing (DON)
Depending on the size and focus of the facility, Directors of Nursing sometimes go by other names, such as DON, DNS, or Assistant Director of Nursing ADON.
Director of Nursing Job Requirements
This Director of Nursing job requires a candidate who has significant critical care and operations management experience, a strong understanding of skilled nursing standards of care, and federal and state regulations including Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care reimbursement rules. A high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities are must-haves. Candidates must be able to think critically, and adapt quickly to new situations.
Ideal candidates will enjoy:
- Strong census & fast pace
- Stable tenure among the SNF, including the LNFA with more than five years in the community
- Provider is quick to schedule interviews
- Excellent staffing ratios
- Competitive pay
- No survey issues
- Generous benefit package, including Health/ Dental/ Vision, Life Insurance, holiday pay, & more!
Ideal candidates will bring:
- 2-3 years or more of Skilled Nusing clinical leadership experience
- Registered Nurse license in the state of Texas or RN Compact state
- Strong desire to live & work in the greater Houston area
- Stable tenure in previous jobs
- Experience in a Medicare-heavy, Skilled nursing/ rehab focused setting
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, and abiltiy to mentor a team
- Gift for encouraging others
This is a great opportunity!
Email your resume TODAY for immediate consideration: email@example.com
Or call with questions: Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, 480-991-0218 x303
RN, Registered Nurse, DON, DNS, Director of Nursing, SNF, Skilled Nursing, LTC, Long Term Care
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.