Corporate Director of Business Development
Are you a creative self-starter with a track record of success in healthcare business development? Do you have experience in creating product lines? Have you developed exclusive partnerships with providers? If this describes you then we would like to speak with you about an incredible leadership role at Laurel Health Care Company.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Laurel Health Care Company is a national provider of skilled nursing, rehabilitation, sub-acute and assisted living services dedicated to one simple principle - achieving the highest standards of care and caring. Laurel Health Care Company achieves this goal in partnership with their guests and their families, their associates and the communities they serve. At The Laurels, caring is more than providing excellent medical and guest services. It's also being a companion, and treating each guest with the utmost dignity, respect and compassion.
All team members of Laurel Health Care Company proudly live “The Laurel Way of Caring” in all 88 of their locations across five states (Ohio, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, and Indiana). They are dedicated to promoting the highest level of independence and quality of life for their guests by creating a comfortable living environment and providing comprehensive health care services.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Corporate Director of Business Development is a strategic leadership position responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Business Development, Marketing and Customer Relationship activities. This is an exciting opportunity for a business development executive to leave their footprint on an incredible organization dedicated to strong outcomes. He/she will plan and oversee new expansion and growth objectives and marketing initiatives through identifying new market opportunities, and building and maintaining successful relationships with new and existing referral sources to maximize business reach and potential.
- Responsible for building relationships with community and professional health care organizations and partners.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Research organizations and individuals to find and develop new opportunities. Contact potential provider partners to establish rapport and arrange meetings for business development.
- Provide analysis and oversight of the factors impacting census, including referral development, closing sales, length of stay, and short-term to long-term conversion.
- Assist Regional Directors of Operations in the training and oversight of Regional Directors of Business Development and establishing regional marketing priorities. Represent operations in the development and maintenance of marketing systems, promotional materials and web sites.
- Oversee the development of training and orientation materials for facility Directors of Marketing.
- Coordinate facility, regional and corporate staff in the development of Annual Marketing Plans for each Laurel and Maplewood Assisted Living facility.
- Review Annual Facility Budgets to assure that budgeted census is consistent with the Annual Marketing plans.
- Oversee each facility's translation of their Annual Marketing Plan into effective monthly goals, activities and overview reports within the CRM system. Assure that each facility's marketing resources are utilized to maximize census and quality mix.
- Analyze census trends and work with regional and facility staff to proactively forecast and improve census trends.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Managed Care Director to assure Laurel facilities have the managed care contracts needed for their markets and promote Laurel facilities to key managed care insurers.
- Gain consensus within Operations and represent Operations in the development/refinement of the above systems/processes/materials.
- Assure staff have adequate orientation and training including compliance with all systems and processes.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of highly skilled, knowledgeable, and capable Regional and Facility Directors of Marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Masters Preferred.
- Experience in VP or executive level leadership role.
- Minimum of five years experience in long term care or related healthcare field.
- Travel is required (appx 25%)
We welcome your confidential expressions of personal interest and nominations of qualified colleagues. Inquiries and questions regarding this search may be directed to Rachel Grisak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-505-7350.