Beautiful Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in the San Diego, CA area, is looking for a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator who is interested in stepping into Associate Executive Director and joining their leadership team.
Join a growing Faith-based organization that offers competitive salary, corporate support, solid advancement potential, and a fantastic working environment.
If you've worked as an operations leader in Skilled Nursing &/or Long-Term care, but want to branch out to a full Life Care Community setting, this is a great chance to accomplish that goal!
Nursing Home Administrator Job Description
Nursing Home Administrator job duties are considerable, and vary from building to building depending on size, level of care, managerial structure, and focus. Generally, this position acts as the director of the facility and is ultimately responsible for all patient care and business decisions. Specifically, Nursing Home Administrator job duties may include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the facility and keep the organization on track for its long term goals and mission
- Coordinate and provide leadership to each clinical, managerial, and custodial team, and ensure that they work together effectively
- Hire (and fire) staff and employees at every level
- Ensure the facility operates in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Coordinate with clinical staff to ensure residents’ individual care plans are being followed
- Provide regular safety and compliance training
- Create and maintain a budget
- Oversee billing and set fees
- Act as the ‘face’ of the organization to the governing board, the public, and residents’ families; and as a liaison between staff, residents, and families
Given the 24/7 nature of nursing homes, Nursing Home Administrators often work non-standard hours, and/or more than forty hours per week, and may be on-call on nights, weekends, and holidays. The Nursing Home Administrator role requires little to no clinical work. Most time is spent interacting with residents, families and staff, or in meetings, and requires excellent skills in time and stress management, a calm, patient, and professional demeanor, and deep understanding of both the clinical and business aspects of running an acute care or nursing facility.
Stepping into a CCRC setting as Associate Executive Director will mean your leadership will extend over the whole campus, including Independent Retirement Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care as well as SNF.
- Active Nursing Home Administrators License (LNHA) in California (or ability to obtain license)
- Excellent tenure in past positions
- At least 2-3 years of previous experience in a Nursing Home Administrator role
- Track record of occupancy growth and successful surveys
- Good customer service skills and leadership abilities
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, then we would love to hear from you.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Michelle Koch for details at: email@example.com, or with questions call direct to 480-991-0218 x303
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.