Vibrant Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) within a West Des Moines, Iowa area retirement campus is seeking a bright and energetic nurse leader (RN or LPN) for their Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) position.
Are you a Registed Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of Iowa? Have you experienced the warmth of the relationships you build as a nurse in a skilled nursing facility? Supervised other members of your care team, and found it fulfilling? This ADON opportunity may be the best next step for your career!
Assistant Director of Nursing Job Description
Assistant Directors of Nursing are responsible for leading and supervising a nursing unit. This position is ultimately responsible, and accountable, for the nursing care received by residents in that unit. The ADON reports to the Director of Nursing.
Job duties include:
- Supporting the DON in overseeing the nursing program, including helping to roll out new policies and procedures when necessary
- Assisting with hiring, firing, and development of nursing staff
- Communicating with families, residents, and physicians as needed
- Following the business plan and budget for the nursing unit
- Participating in creating resident care plans and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring the nursing unit is compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations
Assistant Director of Nursing Job Requirements:
- Candidates must be licensed practical nurses or registered nurses.
- ADON candidate should have some critical care and operations management experience, a strong understanding of skilled nursing standards of care, and federal and state regulations including Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care reimbursement rules.
- Essential too is a high level of professionalism, excellent communication skills, and compassionate leadership qualities.
- Candidates must be able to think critically, and adapt quickly to new situations.
An ideal candidate will enjoy:
• The support of an encouraging team at a highly-rated Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
• Competitive pay rate
• Monday through Friday shift
• Generous benefit package
• Potential for future career advancement
• An organization that puts the resident first in all they do
Ideal candidate will bring:
• Nursing license (either Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse) in Iowa
• Clinical experience in a long term care setting
• Some experience supervising others
• An appreciation of seniors and enjoyment of developing friendly relationships with seniors & their loved ones
• Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
• Clear & candid communication style
• Creative abiltiy to problem solve in the moment
• Comfort with being a supportive teammate and leader of others
Want to explore the details and see if this may be the next career step for you? Great!
Email your resume today for immediate consideration: email@example.com
Or if you have questions, please call Michelle Koch, Executive Search Consultant, at (480)991-0218 x303.
Keywords: ADON, Assistant Director of Nursing, Registered Nurse, RN, Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, LVN, Unit Manager, Resident Care Manager, RN Supervisor, LPN Supervisor, Charge Nurse, Skilled Nursing Facility, SNF.
LeaderStat is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.